- The Rubber Cafe Large Tiger Lily stamp
- Inkadinkado Thinking of You clear stamp set
- black Archival Ink
- Spellbinders Labels Twelve die set
- orange, green and brown Tombo markers
- Canson watercolor paper
- water brush
- orange, white and kraft card stock
- Stamp image on water color paper using a water proof ink. Let
the ink set.
- Using orange, green and brown Tombo markers, add color to the
image in the darkest areas and immediately blend out into the lighter
areas using a water brush. Work in small sections. Don't color the
whole flower and then blend. It takes some practice to get the right
amount of ink on the paper to spread. This is a general technique that
you can try with any water based marker and paper but the Tombo/Canson
combination is the only one I have seen work well.
- Let the flower image dry then fussy cut it out.
- Die cut a white and orange mat using the Spellbinders Labels
Twelve die set.
- Mount white mat onto orange and then mount flower on white
mat. When mounting the flower I used glue in the center and left the
petals and leaves free. Because it was water color that you cut out
they will tend to have some natural bending that makes them look more
realistic when mounted only in the center.
- Stamp happy birthday on white card stock, cut down to a
minimal size and cut an 1/4" orange mat and mount on mat. These
Inkadinkado stamps are very ink phobic but the archival ink works
well with them and is waterproof.
- Cut 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of kraft card stock. Score
and fold into a card.
- Mount flower assembly centered in the bottom. Attach words
centered above using dimensional foam.