- Stampers Anonymous Time Holtz's Collection Good Thoughts CMS
085 Stamp Set
- Distress Tool(s) and Foam Pads
- Distress Ink
- Vintage Photo
- Fired Brick
- Broken China
- Peeled Paint
- Sizzix Time Holtz Alterations Steampunk Embossing Folder
- Spellbinders Donna Salazar S5-048 Sprightly Sprockets
- Dark brown and tan card stock
- Memento Tuxedo Black ink
- Clean and empty soda cans, or aluminum sheet metal
- Cut 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of dark brown card stock.
Half fold to 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".
- Cut 4" x 5 1/4" piece of tan card stock.
- Emboss tan card stock using Steampunk embossing folder.
- Distress the middle portion using Peeled Paint Distress ink.
- Distress the top portion using Broken China Distress ink.
- Distress the bottom portion using Fired Brick Distress ink.
- Distress the edges using Vintage Photo Distress ink.
- Stamp saying on tan card stock using black ink. Tear off so
the torn edge is up. Distress the edges using Vintage Photo Distress
- Using strong scissors cut the top and bottom off the soda can
to get a piece of sheet aluminum, then cut a piece about the size of
the die. It will want to roll back up into a can, try to flatten it as
much possible. You can buy sheets of metal in the craft store if you
would rather not reuse a soda can.
- Die cut sprockets from aluminum sheet.
- Mount distressed mat onto card front.
- Mount saying in top left.
- Mount sprockets starting in bottom left and moving up to top right.
I used liquid Scrappy glue and just put a weight on top of the
sprocket until it held. I also specifically placed them over the two
colors where possible to help tie things together.