- Orange and black card stock
- Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Texture Fades Halloween Night and
- Memento standard size Tuxedo Black ink pad
- Martha Stewart Glitter
- Peridot Green
- Onyx (black)
- Tanzanite (purple)
- Crystal Fine
- Ultra fine tip glue bottle (like the one that comes in the
Martha Stewart Glitter Packs)
- Cut 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of black card stock. Score
and fold to make the card base.
- Cut 4" x 5 1/4" piece of orange card stock.
- Emboss orange card stock using embossing folder, making sure
the 31 survives.
- Pat the ink pad on the dry embossed surface until it looks
stamped. This will leave some extra lines that add to the character so
hold the ink pad in the same direction during the entire process.
- Let the ink dry completely.
- Trace over spider web with glue and then cover with crystal
fine glitter. Tap off excess and let dry. The trick is to use a super
fine tip application like the one that comes in the glitter sets. When
you run out of glue, simply refill it with white glue.
- How you want to proceed at this point is up to you. I let each
color dry completely and then used a glitter brush to remove all the
excess before starting the next color. This prevented the glitter
colors from cross contaminating each other.
- Trace over the skeleton, cat and crow and glitter each with
onyx glitter. Do one at a time to prevent the glue from drying.
- Repeat for owl using the tanzanite glitter and then for the
number 31 using the peridot green.
- Once this has dried completely, adhere it to the card front.