Interior of card
- Inky Antics 11026MC Cupcake Birdy HoneyPOP Clear Set
- Copic Markers: R24, R27, Y13, Y15, Y17, E31 and G14
- Inky Antics Red Honeycomb Paper Pad
- Inky Antics Yellow Honeycomb Paper Pad
- Inky Antics Brown Honeycomb Paper Pad
- Spellbinders Nestibilities Labels Three
- Memento Tuxedo Black ink
- Memento Rhubarb Stalk ink
- Versamark ink
- Bazzill Basics Paper A7 Cards & Envelopes
- DCWV Citrus matstack 4.5" x 6.5"
- white, dark yellow, red and orange cardstock
- Making Memories Twistel paper yarn
Note: After I had cut and dyed the paper yarn, I placed a small dot on the end that was being secured to make sure it didn't ever untwist. This is an optional step.
- Card base is precut white A7 (5x7) Bazzill Basics card. Add additional score lines next the center one to help it fold up better once the honeycomb pieces are added.
- Stamp the standing up bird and words inside the card as shown on bottom left. Color the bird inside the card using the Copic marker colors above in supplies. Marker will bleed through to the front but the DCWV mat paper is sturdy because its glittered and will hide it completely.
- Mount uncut patterned paper from DCWV onto center of card front.
- Cut 2" x 4 1/2" piece of orange cardstock. Mount to patterned paper mat about 1 1/2" from top of card.
- Die cut and emboss the largest of the Labels Three dies using red cardstock. Repeat with next die and dark yellow cardstock. Repeat with white cardstock.
- Stamp "Happy Birthday" and bird with cherry on die cut white cardstock.
- Color bird and cherry using Copic marker colors above.
- Mount white die cut to yellow, then mount this assembly to red die cut. Using dimensional foam tape, mount the die cut bird assembly in the center of the orange stripe of paper.
- Stamp three of the stand-alone cherry images onto white cardstock. Color with red Copic marker colors above. Fussy cut out cherries without stems.
- Take a length of paper yarn and dye it the same color green as the stems in the other image using the same Copic marker. Just touch either tip to the yarn and the yarn will soak up some of the ink. Lift tip and move to a new spot until the yarn is completely colored. I found the flat chisel tip was easier.
- Glue a piece of the paper yarn to the back of the cherry, securing it right over the pit hole. Set aside to dry a few minutes.
- Attach cherry bodies to card front using dimensional foam. Stems are left free floating since the yarn is rigid like an actual stem.
- Stamp cupcake images on appropriate colors of the honeycomb paper and cut out. Attach honeycomb paper inside the card.
- Cut another length of the Twistel paper yarn. Die most of it green but die about 1/4" of one end red. Place liquid glue on the red end and glue this behind the honeycomb cherry.