- Inkadinkado Gem Stone clear stamp set
- Pattern paper from 6.5 x 4.5 Flower Shower Spring Matstack
- Solid colored paper from 6.5 x 4.5 Flower Shower Spring Matstack (12 x 12 works too for solid color)
- White cardstock for base and images.
- Stampin' Up! Purely Pomegranite Ink
- Clear Glitter Glue
Alternate Versions: (Click on image to view card)
- Stamp butterfly from Gem Stone set on good quality 110lb white cardstock using Stampin' Up! Purely Pomegranite Ink.
- Cover inner white areas with clear glue (Stickles works but may be too glittery).
- Let butterfly dry overnight. Ink will bleed into glitter glue.
- Stamp any sentiment you want on white cardstock. Cut out.
- Cut 6 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of white cardstock. Fold in half to form card.
- TIP: For a perfect fit don't precut the paper in the next two steps - mount the paper flush on the left and top and trim it with a craft knife. The one side on the top is already 4 1/2". If you are using the small matstacks you should be able to get 2 cards out of each piece of solid and patterned paper using these dimensions.
- Cut 3 1/4" x 4 1/2" piece of patterned paper for top. Adhere to card front.
- Cut 3 1/4" x 4" deep purple cardtock. Adhere to card front flush with patterned paper so no white shows.
- Fussy cut out dried butterfly.
- Mount butterfly to card front using flat on the body and dimensional foam tape on the edges of the wings to give an in flight dimensional look.
- Using a silver glitter glue, draw a flight path from the bottom of the card to the butterfly's position. Let dry.
- Mount sentiment at bottom of card using dimensional tape.
- Card can be mailed in a standard business envelope.