Here's the card front
with both parts opened:
Download Gamsol coloring
directions from Inky Antics
- Inky Antics 0695J Puppy Love stamp
- Inky Antics 0031D Consider Yourself stamp
- Sakura Clear Glaze pen
- Sakura Gelly Roll white pen
- 1 1/2 EK Success scallop circle punch
- 1 1/4 EK Success circle
- Koh-I-Noor colored pencils
- 8750/11 brown
- 8750/23 dark brown
- 8750/24 gray
- 8750/10 red
- Blending stumps
- Gamsol (atrists brand of colorless oderless mineral spirits)
- red Recollections cardstock
- scrap of brown Bazzill cardstock
- white cardstock
- DCWV The Stack 4 for patterned paper
This is my version of a card I made at an Inky Antics Make and Take. I've deleted the bow to make it more masculine. All the paper colors have been changed to coordinating ones I had and you didn't get to do the coloring but the colors are different as well.
- Cut 4 1/4" x 8 1/2" card base. Score at 5 1/2" inches and fold upward so bottom opens down.
- Cut 3" x 8" base for inside card. Fold in half to make a 3" x 4" card to mount to the front.
- Cut 4" x 2 3/4" patterned cardstock for front flap an mount to front flap.
- Cut 4" x 5 1/4" patterned cardstock for inside of larger base. Mount to inside of larger base.
- Cut two pieces of 2 3/4" x 3 3/4" white cardstock. Mount one inside the smaller red card for your words.
- Stamp puppy love on the other piece of white cardstock.
- Color with colored pencils and blend with Gamsol and blending stumps.
- Mount puppy love to outside front of smaller card.
- Open the larger card up and mount the smaller card to the front of larger base about 1/2" from the top of the card.
- Stamp "Consider Yourself Hugged" on white scrap paper and then punch out with 1 1/4" circle punch.
- Using scrap brown paper punch out 1 1/2" scallop circle.
- Mount white circle to scallop circle.
- Open the smaller card and then fold the bottom flap up inside the card and then close the smaller card so the bottom flap is inside the smaller card.
- Place dimensional foam on the bottom flap just below the smaller card and then stick the scallop circle on top. This will hold down the smaller card while it's closed but allow you to open and close it.
- Use Sakura glaze pen on the dogs nose and tongue to give them a wet look.
- Use Sakura white pen to dot the circles on the scallop.
- Set aside until glaze and white ink dry completely.