- Inky Antics 0695J Puppy Love stamp
- Stampin' Up! Hugs and Wishes
- Sakura Clear Glaze pen
- Crayola Twistables colored pencils
- Blending stumps
- Gamsol (artists brand of colorless oderless mineral spirits)
- brown buttons
- Making Memories Twistel paper yarn
- Scrappy Glue
- DCWV patterned paper
- coordinating brown cardstock
- coordinating green cardstock
- coordinating blue cardstock
- white cardstock
- 1/4" corner rounder
- Cut 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" brown card base. Fold to 5 1/2" to 4 1/4".
- Cut 5 1/4" x 4" piece of patterned paper.
- Mount patterned paper to front of card.
- Cut 3" x 2 3/4" piece of green cardstock that coordinates with patterned paper. Round the two right side edges with corner rounder.
- Cut 2 1/2" x 1 1/4" blue cardstock that coordinates with patterned paper.
- Cut 1" tall strip of white cardstock.
- Stamp Birthday hugs and wishes on white cardstock.
- Trim to 2" wide and mount to right side of blue cardstock.
- Cut 2 1/2" x 3 3/4" brown mat.
- Stamp puppy love image on white cardstock.
- Color image with colored pencils and Gamsol. See the July 2010 posts on the blog for more information on how this was done.
- Trim white cardstock down to 2 1/4" x 3 1/4".
- Mount colored image to brown mat.
- Now that you have all the pieces, dry fit them to the cardfront and then mount them. Green goes down first, then blue and finally the brown mat goes over the left hand edge of both.
- Dry fit small lengths of Twistel in button holes. I just used small U shaped lengths. Place a thin multisurface glue like Scrappy Glue in the holes from the back and then on the back of the button and place on card. This will glue the Twistel and the button in place permanently in one step.
- Place glaze on the dog's nose and tongue so they appear shiny and wet.